Want to be in our movie? We're looking for people to submit VIDEO CLIPS or photos of themselves showing their ALBANIAN PRIDE throughout the WORLD. The DUE DATE for all submissions is December 15, 2013 11:59pm PST. The best submissions will be featured in our film, receive credit in the end credits, and be awarded a free copy of the final film, Dear Albania.
OFFICIAL RULES: http://www.dearalbania.com/Contest/OfficialRules.pdf
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: http://woobox.com/hrs94w
One of the film's major themes is that Albanians remain proud of their country, even when they do not live within the country's borders. We want to show Albanians bringing Albanian pride to their own homes and communities around the world.
We need your help. We are looking for video or photos that will help tell this story.
Whether you live in Germany, Italy, Montenegro, Australia, Macedonia, or the US, we want to see how you keep the Albanian spirit alive no matter where you are.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Do you teach an Albanian Language course? Or take one? Show us your Albanian class.
Have you taught your grandchildren your favorite Albanian dances? Show us a clip of their performance.
Do you make Berek for your family dinners-- even if it's paired with local wine? Show us what your dinner table looks like.
Do you have pictures in your home of your parents or grandparents? Show us!
Where do you exhibit the Albanian double-headed eagle? Do you hang your Albanian flag on your brick faced Boston walk-up-- or inside the shop your parents have run for decades?
We prefer HD VIDEO submissions but we will also accept photos, particularly for vintage or older depictions of Albanian pride abroad. We want to see you in your element.
Step 2: COLLECT PERMISSIONS – You MUST have written permission from everyone in your photos and/or video (ParticipantRelease.pdf), including the owner or cameraperson (MaterialsRelease.pdf)
Download/Print forms here:
Prize recipients will be notified by email and must submit these forms to email@example.com within 7 days of notification or an alternate winner will be selected.
Step 3: SHARE - Visit our Submission Website at http://woobox.com/hrs94w to enter the “Dear Albania” Video & Photo Contest. Here you can provide us with your Vimeo video URL and/or upload up to 5 photos at a time.
Step 4: SPREAD THE WORD – Tell your Albanian friends and family to join us in sharing this story with the world. (Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/events/1380754098842008/)
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 15th, 11:59 PST. Don't wait, however; Submit as early as you can!
1. The Video MUST not exceed 5 minutes in length. Preferred format for upload to the Vimeo website is HD. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a native resolution master file. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX. Photos must be submitted in .jpeg/.jpg, .gif, .png, or .bmp format and must be a minimum size of 720x1280 pixels in dimension.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Boston Diva Productions.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider not provided by Boston Diva Productions, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Boston Diva Productions.
4. BY SUBMITTING A PHOTO AND/OR VIDEO ENTRY, YOU GRANT THE WORLDWIDE, NON-EXCLUSIVE PERPETUAL RIGHT OF USE TO BOSTON DIVA PRODUCTIONS OR ITS ASSIGNEES – SEE OFFICIAL RULES FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Boston Diva Productions.
6. Submissions must not portray Albania in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Boston Diva Productions.
7. You must be at least eighteen (18) years or older to enter. Those under eighteen (18) must have parental permission to be photographed or filmed.
8. The Sponsor will be entitled to reasonable revisions on the finished photos and/or videos.
9. Winning Photo and/or Video creators MUST also provide Participant, Materials, Music or other applicable Releases for all assets appearing in selected photos and/or videos.
10. See OFFICIAL RULES for additional contest information, terms and conditions. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these requirements and the Official Rules, the official rules shall prevail.